The Atlantic Maintenance Company has been hired to maintain and keep the district clean. To date Atlantic Maintenance has painted all street furniture, fire hydrants, and parking meter posts, along with power washing any and all graffiti within the district. The maintenance company provided two workers. These workers maintain the planters, sweep the sidewalks empty garbage cans and remove any debris within the district. You may see the staff who wear our uniforms to display our corporate name out on the street Monday – Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M.
- Recycling – Hackensack is “Going Green”. The City of Hackensack has partnered with an advertising firm to place 30 new recyclable dispensers at strategic locations throughout the City. These recyclable dispensers will be paid for through local advertising and help to assist us in keeping our business community clean.
- You may have noticed how colorful the district is as we have purchased and placed 50 terra cotta planters at all major intersections to help beautify the district.
- 24 new garbage cans were purchased in 2008 for a total of 36 new garbage cans that have been placed at strategic locations throughout the district.
- With the cooperation of the Hackensack Post Office all mail boxes have been replaced with renovated freshly painted boxes.
- Crosswalk signage has been purchased by the Main Street Business Alliance and with the assistance of the Hackensack Traffic Department have been placed at all major intersections within the district.
- We would like to take this time to thank the Hackensack Traffic Department for painting all crosswalks within the district, thereby making it a safer environment for pedestrians.
Take pride in this Clean and Green Program and let it be contagious. Cooperate with us by sweeping your vestibule, cleaning your windows, put fresh displays in your show windows, promptly remove your garbage cans from the sidewalk after scheduled pick up dates and paint any needed areas within your storefront.